Phoebe Worth Sets Visitation Guidelines During Flu Season
Sylvester, Ga. – During flu season, Phoebe is taking added precautions to protect its patients, families, staff members and community from unnecessary exposure to influenza.
Starting today, the following temporary visitation guidelines will be implemented:
- Patient visitation should be limited to care and support of the patient.
- Children under the age of 18 should not visit the hospital.
- Do not visit if you have any signs or symptoms of influenza.
- If you have a fever, cough, body aches, or a sore throat, please postpone your visit until you have been symptom-free for 24 hours.
- Anyone coming into the hospital with flu and cold symptoms will be required to wear a mask.
- Visitors will be required to wear personal protective equipment such as gown, gloves, and a mask if visiting a patient in isolation.
Signage regarding these temporary guidelines as well as prevention reminders – such as cover your cough and clean your hands – will be posted at the main entrance of the hospital.
As we work to provide a safe environment for our patients and staff, we apologize for any inconvenience these visitation guidelines may cause. Phoebe will continue to monitor conditions and remove the restrictions as soon as it is safe to do so.
Phoebe encourages everyone over the age of six months to receive the flu vaccine to protect themselves and others from influenza. Vaccines are available by visiting your primary care physician, the health department or at most drug stores. If you are in need of a primary care physician, Phoebe Primary Care offices are located across the region. Visit choosephoebe.com to find a physician near you.