Worth Deputies were on scene this morning when a suspected break-in occurred at Webb’s Fuel Stop (pictured) on Hwy 82W in Sylvester; Also, police reports are listed for Worth County/SPD, Warwick and Poulan; This and more below:
Worth Deputies were investigating a break in at Webb’s Fuel Stop that apparently occurred during night hours Sunday prior to the store opening Monday morning. The culprit(s) used a cement block to bust the glass door of the business’ front entrance. Items stolen included several cigars and an unknown amount of change in a money bag also swiped from the store. The clerk said the thief(s) was probably rushed due to the loud alarm sounding from the business. She said WCSO deputies have Webb’s surveillance footage in their possession to aid in their investigation.
Carl McClelland, Sr.,67, of Ty Ty, was charged with failing to register as sex offender on May 11.
Toinette Segura, 18, of Sylvester was charged with disrupting public school on May 13.
Daniel Eubanks, 19, of Sylvester was charged on May 13 with possession of a controlled substance and possession of marijuana.
Bobby Brown, 28, of Sylvester was charged with financial transaction card theft and financial transaction card fraud on May 13.
Worris C. Mitchell, 44, was charged on May 13th with possession of schedule narcotic.
Demetrius King, 26, of Tifton was charged with possession of crack cocaine and obstruction of an officer on May 16.
Leroy Hamilton, Jr., 35, of Sylvester was charged with possession of marijuana on May 16.
Christopher Williams, 21, of Sylvester was charged with possession of a controlled substance on May 16.
Charlie Reed, 26, of Sylvester was charged on May 16 with aggravated assault (family violence), reckless conduct, criminal interference with government property, and criminal damage to property.
Coreny T. Clark, 34, of Sylvester was charged with theft by taking and criminal trespass on May 18.
William J. Slaughter, 17, Joshua D. Alford, 19, D’Amonte Nether, 18, Sherrod D. Glover, 17, and Johnathon W. Williams, 17, each of Sylvester were charged on May 18th with criminal damage to property 2nd degree.
Kevin L. Thomas, 41, of Warwick was charged with the by taking (FVA) on May 24th.
Jason J. Spicer, 25, of Sylvester was charged on May 27th with theft by taking.
Rodney Ellis, 22, of Sylvester was charged on May 27th with criminal trespass.
Kevin J. Hooks, 24, of Sylvester was charged on May 31st with carrying a concealed weapon.
Kass L. Wooden, 24, and Boris Brown, 26, of Sylvester were each charged with at least 3-counts of entering auto and 1-count each of theft by taking on May 31.
Jason Klaus, 29, of Moultrie was charged on June 1st with terroristic threats and acts (family violence).
Malcolm Jackson, 37, of Sumner was charged with probation violation on June 2.
Sandra Small, 33, of Sylvester was jailed on an order for incarceration on June 2.
Martavious C. Howard, 21, was charged with theft by taking on June 3.
Gregory D. Whiddon, 53, of Sylvester was charged with theft by taking on June 3.
Travis Alford, 23, of Sylvester was charged with battery (family violence) on June 6.
Jeremy C. Johnson, 22, of Sylvester was charged on June 6 with theft by taking.
Theresa Chavez, 37, of Poulan was charged with possession of cocaine with intent and possession of marijuana on June 7.
Sharon K. Slade was charged on June 8th with obstruction of an officer and giving false name.
Raymond M. Padgett, Jr., 35, of Sylvester was charged with possession of crack cocaine and obstruction of an officer on June 8.
Darryl Burks, 23, Bobby Ellerson, 25, and Marcus Tyler, 32, were each charged in a June 4, 2011 shooting incident which occurred around 3:30 A.M. on that date according to warrants. Apparently the subjects charged were involved in shots fired at a Nissan Maxima having four female occupants and traveling south on Hwy 33. The auto’s rear windshield was hit and the front fender on the driver’s side.
Burks has 14 warrants against him with charges including aggravated assault and terroristic threats and acts. Burks also has several charges against him for giving false information to the arresting deputy as well as forgery. He signed a false name to a fingerprint card, volunteer statement, application for attorney, and a Worth County magistrate bond hearing form.
Ellerson has 10 warrants against him to include aggravated assault, terroristic acts and threats, discharge of firearm on/near a public highway, and possession of a firearm by a convicted felon.
Tyler has 8-warrants against him including charges of aggravated assault and terroristic acts and threats.
Apparently a $5,000 bond was set for each subject with conditions.
- Izell Strozier was the subject taken into custody for his alleged involvement with the Sumner store armed robbery May 28th. Warrants have been secured in Worth County for Strozier to involve 3-counts of aggravated assault and possession of a firearm by a convicted felon.
A police chase followed the robbery ending in the parking lot of the Tifton Walmart location. Strozier was immediately taken into custody as police searched for at least one more subject involved. A Mossberg shotgun was found in the floor of the white Cadillac. Approximately $2500 in cash was taken from the Sumner store in the incident. Strozier remains in the Tift County Jail with a hold for Worth County and apparently no bond. GBI continues investigations.
Calvin Oliver, 38, of Poulan was charged on May 7th with driving while license suspended.
Justin Duckworth, 21, of Albany was charged on May 7th with disorderly conduct.
Chris Brooks, 40, of Sumner was charged on may 10th with tint violation and driving while license suspended.
Jorge Arrequin-Garcia, 22, of Blakely was charged on May 13th with obstructing police control, driving while license suspended and too fast for conditions.
Carson Hufstetler, 35, of Poulan was charged on May 14th with failure to maintain lane and DUI.
Matthew Culpepper, 23, of Sylvester was charged on May 14th tag light requirement, open container and driving with suspended license.
Ethan H. Owen, 25, of Heflon, AL was charged on May 19th with driving too fast for conditions and driving while license suspended.
William Lumpkin, 33, of Tifton was charged on May 21st with driving while license suspended.
Terrance Green, 24, of Ty Ty was charged on May 25th with no insurance and tag light requirements.
Jerry Lowery, 51, of Poulan was charged with disorderly conduct by bodily injury on May 29th.
Cory Spears, 31, of Poulan was charged on May 31st for probation violation.
Brian Richardson, 31, of Albany was charged on June 5th with driving while license suspended.
Emilio Conteres, 28, of Hartsfield, MD was charged on June 5th with driving too fast for conditions and while license is suspended.
1. De’monica Aujanta Banks,19, Macon, Ga., was charged on May 8th with Illegal Possession of a Controlled Substance < Ounce.
2. Nukemar Ansell Batten, 31, Cordele, Ga., was charged on May 31st with Illegal Possession of a Controlled Substance < Ounce and No Brake Lights or Working Turn Signals.
3. John Michael Bertozzi, 29, Jacksonville, Fl., was charged on May 29th with Driving While License Suspended or Revoked.
4. Keith Alexander Carr, 48, Albany, Ga., was charged on May 1st with Expired Tag, Suspended Registration, and Headlight Requirements.
5. Steven James Dabady, 23, Los Angeles, Ca., was charged on May 29th with Driving While License Suspended and Speeding.
6. Maurice Deal Jr., 32, Jonesboro, Ga. was charged on May 30th with Speeding and Driving While License Suspended.
7. Gladys Mae Freeman, 56, Atlanta, Ga., was charged on May 3rd with Speeding and Driving While License Suspended.
8. Christopher Googson, 40, Talking Rock, Ga., was charged on May 16th with Operating and Unsafe Vehicle.
9. Derrick Cornelius Hall, 21, Albany, Ga., was charged on May 25th with Driving While License Suspended and Tag Light Requirement.
10. Anthony Lenord Hollinshed, 33, Fort Valley, Ga., was charged on May 29th with DUI, Open Container Violation, Driving While License Suspended, Illegal Possession of a Controlled Substance < Ounce, and Tire Requirements.
11. Michael Jeffery Lien, 22, Warner Robins, Ga., was charged on May 30th with Speeding and Suspended Registration.
12. Brian Lamar Lone, 23, Decatur, Ga., was charged on May 7th with Tag Light Requirement and Driving While License Suspended.
13. Christopher Eugene Maddox, 27, Omega, Ga., was charged on May 7th with Driving While License Suspended and Unregistered Vehicle.
14. Worris Carl Mitchell, 43, Catasauqua, Pa., was charged on May 13th with Speeding and DUI-Drugs Less Safe.
15. Marcus Andre Moore, 21, Albany, Ga., was charged on May 14thDriving While License Suspended.
16. Travious Vontrial Porter, 22, Albany, Ga., was charged on May 8th with Possession of a Controlled Substance < Ounce.
17. Martinez Gilberto Ramirez, 34, Sunnyside, WA, was charged on May 29th with Driving While Unlicensed.
18. David Eugene Smith, 21, Cordele, Ga., was charged on May 15th with Operating an Unsafe Vehicle and Safety Belt Violation.
19. Sheri St. Louis, 39, Warwick, Ga., was charged on May 8th with Driving While Unlicensed.
20. Rico Kyree Thomas, 21, Union City, Ga., was charged on May 29th with DUI- Marijuana and Illegal Possession of a Controlled Substance < Ounce.
21. Rodney Lorenzo Thomas, 40, Tifton, Ga., wash charged on May 28th with Public Drunkenness, Disorderly Conduct, Obstruction of Law Enforcement Officers, Carrying Firearm without a Permit, and Discharging a Firearm near a Street.
22. Jaclyn Marie Wesley, 23, Leesburg, Ga., was charged on May 31st with Speeding and Driving While License Suspended.
23. Vernon Glen West, 58, Albany, Ga., was charged on May 21st with DUI Alcohol Less Safe, Speeding, Driving while License Suspended and Possession of Drug Related Objects.
Matthew Lee Balkcom, 26, 128 Sassafras Lane, Sylvester, was charged by Tift County Sheriff’s Office on June 1st with loitering or prowling.
Izell Dewayne Strozier, 31, 117 Grove St., Ty Ty, was charged May 28th by Georgia State Patrol in Tift County with reckless driving, fleeing or attempting to elude a police officer, habitual violators, obstruction or hindering law enforcement officers without force, duty of driver to stop at or return to the scene of an accident, misrepresentation of license plate, improper lane change and failure to maintain lane.
Jessica Denise Woodard, 23, 604 W. Price St., Apt. A, Sylvester, was charged May 25th by Tifton Police with theft by shoplifting.