The following meeting agendas below include Ashburn City Council and Turner County Board of Commissioners for this week (subject to change); also posted are Ashburn Police Dept arrest reports:
Ashburn City Council Meeting
Thursday, June 06th, 2013
City Manager’s Report – Ben Taylor
1. Approval of the May 2nd, 2013 Council Meeting Minutes
2. Approval of the May 7th, 2013 Called Council Meeting Minutes
3. Yard Sign Markers
4. Splash Pad Supervision
5. Eureka Heights Resolution
1. Personnel as per O.C.G.A. 50-14-3(b)(2)
TURNER COUNTY COMMISSIONERS MONTHLY BOARD MEETING
Tuesday, June 4, 2013 – 6:00 P.M.
TURNER COUNTY AGRICULTURE CENTER
222 ROCKHOUSE ROAD
I. CALL TO ORDER
III. ADOPTION OF AGENDA
IV. APPROVAL OF FINANCIAL INFORMATION (APRIL 2013)
V. APPROVAL OF MINUTES OF PREVIOUS MEETINGS
VI. PUBLIC HEARING:
1. Application for special exception for a food processing plant on a 10 acre plat of land, part of a 192 acre farm located on Wardlow Road.
VII. NEW BUSINESS:
1. Consider application # TC13-02 for a map amendment/special exception request for food processing plant in agriculture zone located on Wardlow Road.
2. Consider bids for Janitorial Cleaning Service.
3. Consider amending the Turner County Human Resources Manual Section 9.3 Medical Insurance Coverage from 90 days waiting period to a 60 days waiting period.
4. Consider surplus property.
5. Consider board appointment to Turner County Airport Authority.
6. Consider executive session minutes from May 16, 2013 and May 30, 2013.
7. Consider consolidating Fleet Maintenance into the Road Department and eliminate the supervisor position in the Fleet Maintenance Department.
VIII. PUBLIC COMMENTS:
Ashburn Police Reports
Gena P. Sullivan, 31, of Aventura, FL was charged with speeding and possession of marijuana less than an ounce following an APD traffic stop on GA 401 May 23rd. Her passenger Nicole S. Reese, 24, of Atlanta, GA was also charged with possession of marijuana.
A traffic stop on Whittle Circle May 25th resulted in the arrest of Darius T. Johnson, 19, for possession of marijuana less than an ounce and driving on the wrong side of the roadway.
Officer Dylan Gaines stopped a vehicle on May 26th due to no visible tail lights on a vehicle. It led to the arrest of Robert R. Brown, 20, of Ashburn for tag light requirements, driving while unlicensed 1st within 2 years, driving under the influence- under 21 years of age and obstruction/hindering a law enforcement officer.
On May 26th Pamela E. Walker, 42, of Ashburn was charged with permitting another to operate vehicle without insurance and obstruction of law enforcement.
Andre C. Cross, 47, was charged on May 26th for false report of a crime.
Bobby J. Crutcher-Ford, 29, of Jacksonville, FL was charged with defective equipment, safety restraint violation and driving while license suspended or revoked/ 2nd offense.
Evelyn Perez, 43 of Chicago was charged May 31st with driving with suspended/ revoked license and tinted tag cover or obscuring tag frames. Passenger Victor Revera, Jr, 33, also of Chicago was charged with permitting unlicensed person to drive and possession of open alcohol container.